***Did you know you can see the CEU courses that you attended and request replacement certificates through our website? Email us for a password to our Members Only webpage***
Nantucket Builders Association (NBA)
NBA represents over 300 Island-based Licensed Tradesmen, as well as others involved in the local building services and supplier community. Our membership is a balanced representation of a typical design-build experience, such as: general contractors, architects, realtors, surveyors, excavators, carpenters, plumbers, HVAC specialists, electricians, insulators, fuel suppliers, insulators, as well as Town building officials and community leaders. The organization is overseen by a board of twelve directors.
We meet monthly as an organization to carry out the NBA's core objectives, such as providing an opportunity for industry education and networking with our colleagues. For nearly twenty years we have provided a Construction Supervisor Training program to help local contractors gain and retain their licenses. Recently the state legislature brought forward a new requirement for Construction Supervisor License Renewal: Continuing Education.
NBA has been approved by the BBRS of the MA Department of Public Safety to provide courses leading to Continuing Education Credits. Every year, we host 6-8 Continuing Education workshops, which span the core requirements of the Construction Supervisor License.
Since 2001, the NBA has provided scholarship support for NHS graduates who express a desire for college or vocational school education or formal training to further their understanding and skills in the building industry. Scholarships have been applied to tuition & start-up tools. NBA also provides financial & technical support for Cyrus Pierce Middle School (CPS) & Nantucket High School(NHS) Wood Working & NHS Construction Technology Programming.
ES Sports Promo for
Past Courses & Presentations
- January 24, 2018 "Business Estate Planning"
- December 14, 2017 "Suicide & Overdose Prevention in Construction"
- November 8 2017, "Construction Risk Management"
- October 11, 2017 "High Performance & Net Zero Construction"
- May 11, 2017 "Managing Lead in Residential Construction"
- April 13, 2017: "National Grid Updates"
- March 15, 2017: "Residential Energy Code: HVAC & Indoor Air Quality"
- February 8, 2017: "Code & Design Considerations: Residential Tall Walls" & "Code Compliant Exterior Systems"
- January 12, 2017: "Alarm Safety & Code Requirements"
- December 13, 2016: Window Energy Code & Installation Best Practices
- November 9, 2016: OSHA Onsite Consultation Program
- October 12, 2016: Code Updates with Steve Butler, Building Commissioner
- May 11, 2016: Hot Topics in Labor and Employment Law
- April 13, 2016: OSHA & Electrical Jobsite Safety
- March 9, 2016: The Mass Save Residential New Construction Program
- February 9, 2016: The IECC2015 (Changing Energy Code)
- January 13, 2016: National Grid Electric Customer Fulfillment Process
- December 9, 2015: Local Code & Compliance: Sewer & Septic Regulations
- November 18, 2015; Local Code & Compliance: HDC Regulations
- October 14, 2015: Local Code & Compliance: Inspector Roundtable
- May 13, 2015: Electronic Control Systems: Wiring Requirements and Green Living Benefits
- April 15, 2015: Mold & Water Damage: Risks, Diagnosis, and Mitigation
- March 18, 2015: Impact of Substance Use on Workplace Safety
- February 11, 2015: HVAC & Indoor Air Quality
- January 14, 2015: Envelope and Building Science
- December 12, 2014: The Changing Residential Energy Code
- November 12, 2014: Lead Safety CEU
- October 16, 2014: Town of Nantucket & PLUS Updates with Libby Gibson and Leslie Snell
- September 17 2014: Annual Family Lobster Bake
- May 14, 2014: Basement & Crawlspace Moisture Control
- April 9, 2014: Building for High Wind Resistance in Light Frame Wood Construction
- February 9, 2014: Social Media for Contractors
- January 8, 2014: OSHA & Workplace Safety